[mythtv-users] would this be usable

Henrik Beckman henrik.list at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 10:32:37 UTC 2007

Hi,
My mythbox is a combined front/backend with a nova-t 500, with DVB-T with
being feed from a private antenna, but I also have DVB-C in form of a vendor
closed topsetbox with a cryptocard.
Since the cost for the topsetbox is include in my rent I thought I might
aswell use it, but how (the box is rather crappy) ?

I have a jetway/kworld bt878 based analog card just laying and I use  a
mceusb2 remote to my myth box.

Would it be possible to connect the bt878 card to the box via scart and
control the box with the irsender in the mceusb2, or would it be unreliable
or impossible ?

/Henrik