[mythtv-users] Still pondering my options

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Thu Apr 19 04:50:46 UTC 2007

> Well, I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to do to replace my
> dead
> PVR250.
>
> From looking at the product pictures, it looks like the 150 and the 500 do
> NOT
> have remote control input like the 250 does.  My family really enjoyed the
> remote control.
>
> So how does one get a remote to work with the 150/500?

My PVR150 came with a USB IR receiver and remote control. The extra hole
in the back panel of the board is taken by the aerial socket for the FM
radio. The receiver also has 2 IR blaster sockets on it (and taking it
apart I see that there is PCB space to increase this to 4 IR blasters!)

I guess its country (as well as model) dependant - I'm in New Zealand...

--
Robin Gilks