[mythtv-users] mythrename.pl and transcoding

Lan Barnes lan at falleagle.net
Thu Apr 19 03:18:44 UTC 2007

On Wed, April 18, 2007 4:39 pm, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 04/18/2007 06:39 PM, Lan Barnes wrote:
>> I started running mythrename.pl every night to make it easier to see my
>> files in the CLI. Now I find out that mythtranscode needs elements of
>> the
>> default file name (or I need to be able to find them out) to work,
>> notably
>> recording time and channel ID.
>>
>> OK, I can see two fixes (three if you count undoing mythrename.pl, but
>> that doesn't help the one old program I really want to record):
>>
>> 1. a way to reverse mythrename.pl and name them back
>>
>> or
>>
>> 2. a way to query the data base by the new name to get the required
>> data.
>>
>> Anybody have the way out?
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/256917#256917
>
> Mike

That did her. The "--link" has been added to mythrename.pl.

For some reason, one show ("Galaxy Quest" from a broadcast channel)
refused to reconvert, but I'm unconcerned.

Thanks so much.

"Gwen, what's the status of our berylium sphere?"

"Computer, what's the status of our berylium sphere?"

--
Lan Barnes

SCM Analyst              Linux Guy
Tcl/Tk Enthusiast        Biodiesel Brewer