[mythtv-users] Recent uk_rt schedule difficulties

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 01:30:39 UTC 2007

On 18/04/07, Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:
> Having just read Nick Morrot's reply to another thread, reminds me -
> since the recent Radio Times xmltv haitus I have noticed that the
> Mythweb canned search for "New Titles, Premieres" returns no hits at all.
>
> In fact, now I check the other canned searches, *none* of them work
> apart from the "Movies" one.
>
> Since the only difference I can see is a hole in recent data, can any
> one give a likely explanation (running 0.20-fixes)?

It's down to how the downloaded listings data is organised - in the US
there is much better categorisation and labelling of program data,
whereas here in the UK, it's different and only some of the canned
searches will work - in my current experience, the 3 movie searches
work from within MythWeb, but I'm pretty certain the New Titles search
worked the other day from within mythfrontend.

You can see exactly what the canned searches are looking for here:
http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/browser/trunk/mythplugins/mythweb/modules/tv/canned_searches.conf.php

I have noticed with the uk_rt data that significantly fewer (read
almost zero) movies are being given ratings now, which makes using the
ratings-based movie searches pretty pointless, and when the
film->movie conversion was temporarily removed from the listings data
import process a few weeks back, searching for any movies broke.

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/