[mythtv-users] Closed captioning question?

John-Marc Chandonia jmc at dolorespark.org
Wed Apr 18 23:59:27 UTC 2007

On Mon, Apr 16, 2007 at 02:00:11PM -0400, Boleslaw Ciesielski wrote:
> Yes, this works. I use PVR-350 for capture and FX5200 for playback.
> MythTV does the caption decoding (my TV does not even have CC decoding).

Which versions of ivtv and mythtv are you using?  I'm running
mythtv 0.20-fixes and ivtv 0.10.1, and no luck.  I think I could
get it to work if I applied these patches:
http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/2954
However, they're only in the svn trunk and have not been backported
to the -fixes branch, and I don't care about CC enough to port
them myself (or run the possibly more unstable svn trunk version).

JMC
--
John-Marc Chandonia (jmc at dolorespark.org)
http://www.dolorespark.org/