[mythtv-users] XML grabber produce funny characters, trying to sed them

Bart Coninckx bart.coninckx at telenet.be
Wed Apr 18 21:22:42 UTC 2007

hey,

both XMLTV grabbers for my country can't seem to handle unicode characters.
All " ' ' characters for instance show up as highlighted <U+0092> stuff.
Can't seem to find an immediate fix, so my plan was to find and replace all
those unicode characters in the grabbed files with the real characters.

I tried this with sed and awk, but I can't get those to find the unicode
characters.

Anyone any idea how to manipulate these TV listings to somehting that can be
passed orrectly to mythfilldatabase?

thank you!

B.