[mythtv-users] SVN 13224 - new error mytharchivehelper

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Apr 18 19:18:25 UTC 2007

A JM wrote:
> I am able to run mythbackend by giving it the full path.
>
> What's the best way to add the /usr/local directory to the path?

Edit ~/.bashrc and  add
PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin
export PATH

> I'm a little confused, imagine that... If when compiling myth I supply
> it a PREFIX of let's say /usr/local I'm assuming that myth will place
> the compiled file(s) in that directory, correct?

Yes, when you install the compiled files they will be put in in
/usr/local/bin, usr/local/lib, usr/local/share etc
> So, when I go to compile mythplugins do I also need to supply the
> PREFIX of /usr/local when running ./configure or is it using the same
> prefix that myth used given some type of config file?
>
> Thanks,

You need to give the _same_ PREFIX as you used to install MythTV. Both
use '/usr/local' by default if you don't give a PREFIX.

Paul H.