[mythtv-users] 1 hour recording shows up as 1000+ hours in playback

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Apr 18 14:19:33 UTC 2007

On 04/18/2007 05:57 AM, Bjarne Wichmann Petersen wrote:
> I've got this weird problem today. When playing a recording the duration shows
> up to way to much. Eg. a 1 hour recording shows up as lasting 1000+ hours.
> Also, seeking forward (5 or 30 sec) is slower as usual.
>
> Is there a way to fix this?
Your database needs to be repaired.  Run optimize_mythdb.pl in the
contrib directory and then you'll need to rebuild the seektable on the
affected recording using "mythcommflag --rebuild" or "mythtranscode
--buildindex".  Search the archives for more on rebuilding (using the
command lines, without the "--") and check out the --help output.

Mike