[mythtv-users] mythvideo thumbnails

Robert Logan bert at p3rf3ct.com
Wed Apr 18 13:27:05 UTC 2007

Good to know its useful for others.
Thanks for the updates too - was wondering where
the 'video jpgs' dir was defined in the Db.

As for failures - i got one with a HiDEF file due to
mplayer not having h264 compiled in and you might
have it compiled with the relevant codec
stuff.

In the script: mplayer -identify xxx.mpg
to get some info, and When im stuck I use: ffmpeg -i xxx.mpg

As for when in the file to grab the jpgs ... well something
like a low point ratio based on overall size. I may muck about
this weekend cos ive got more vids to upload

Cheers