[mythtv-users] Fwd: QAM256 and Charter in MA

Jake Thompson jake-lists at jakethompson.com
Wed Apr 18 13:13:50 UTC 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jake Thompson <jake at jakethompson.com>
Date: Apr 17, 2007 5:44 PM
Subject: QAM256 and Charter in MA
To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org

Hi All,
Looking for some help here.  I have been receiving local channels vial
QAM256 over my Charter standard cable.  However, as of this weekend I can no
longer tune in my channels, I see the signal strength go from 94-99% and db
jumps around, but never gets a lock.

I am trying to figure out if it is:
1. Bad cable, the lower channels on basic cable are a bit staticy
2. No longer being broadcast, is it possible charter turned off the
broadcasts?  I have re run dvbscan and I am not finding any channels
3. Due to an upgrade of the kernel/drivers, is it possible I updated and
killed something?

I am using Fedora Core 6 with ATRPMS and the latest updates.  I have a
PVR-150 that is receving basic ok, I have a KWorld ATSC-110 that is
receiving the QAM.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks,
Jake