[mythtv-users] Question about svn fixes

William Munson william_munson at bellsouth.net
Wed Apr 18 11:56:35 UTC 2007

matt stone wrote:
> Hi all newbie myth user here running fc6 and atrpms packages.
>
> I've noticed the atrpms site has updated packages against svn fixes
> 13228. Am i correct in assuming that relates to the changeset 13228 at
> http://svn.mythtv.org ?
>
> I'm asking because i've had a couple of minor problems with mythtv but
> 13228 won't relate to my issues and i don't fancy running an upgrade
> on a system that runs fine 99% of the time.
>
> Cheers
> Matt

Unfortunately the atrpms repo does not exactly track 0.20-fixes and last
time I checked it was a few fixes old. I am sure someone can give you a
more detailed answer. I would not worry too much about upgrading as both
branches of svn are quite stable right now. I am quite happy running svn
root and it fixed a bunch of niggling problems in -fixes. Of course you
will have to compile your own which can be a pain with fedora core but
its worth it to be able to only include support for the features you
actually use.

Good luck,
Bill