[mythtv-users] Lirc woes on Ubuntu Fesity Fawn

Dave M G martin at autotelic.com
Wed Apr 18 08:12:04 UTC 2007

MythTV Users,

I've followed the instructions for installing LIRC on Feisty Fawn as
described here:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Install_Lirc_Feisty

It all seems to go very well, except near the end. When I type in "irw",
the prompt comes back immediately.

The HowTo says that if this happens, that a module hasn't been
installed. I went over the instructions again to be sure, and rebooted.
But same results.

It suggests to check "dmesg" to see what modules aren't installing.
However, to my novice eyes, I can't tell by scanning the results of
dmesg if there's anything related to LIRC. There is an IVTV section
which, so far as I can tell, reports a successful loading of IVTV
drivers for my Hauppauge card.

But beyond that, I'm lost as to how to diagnose the problem.

Are there any suggestions as to what I can do to diagnose this?

--
Dave M G
Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn