[mythtv-users] "Already using all available inputs" error on brand new installation

Dave M G martin at autotelic.com
Wed Apr 18 07:14:45 UTC 2007

MythTV users,

I've been using MythTV on one computer for a while to test how it works
and make sure I can configure it.

I recently got a second computer to act as a dedicated MythTV box. I
moved my Hauppauge PVR-150 card from the old computer into the new.

I'm using Ubuntu Feisty, which has, or should have, built in IVTV
support, and dmesg seems to confirm that it is installed and working.

I've successfully downloaded TV show data with XMLTV and inserted it
into the database.

In mythbackend setup, I have selected "MPEG-2 encoder card (PVR-x50,
PVR-500)" as my card type. And "Probed info" shows "Hauppauge WinTV
PVR150 [ivtv]". In the channel editor, I see all my selected channels.

However, when I open mythfrontend and simply select to watch TV, I get
this odd message:

MythTV is already using all available inputs for the channel you selected.
If you want to watch an in-progress recording, select one from the
playback menu.
If you want to watch live TV, cancel one of the in-progress recordings
from the delete menu.

I haven't selected to record anything at all yet, so I don't understand
how any recordings could be in progress.

There must be a more general error.

Any idea what it could be? How can I diagnose and solve this problem?

Thank you for any advice or information.

--
Dave M G
Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn