[mythtv-users] Feature request: Manually invoke User Jobs from mythfrontend

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Wed Apr 18 02:44:44 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-04-17 at 22:38 -0400, Dave Stubbs wrote:
> >You can already do this, I know it is in 0.20, but don't remember when
> >it was added before that.  The jobs only appear on the popup menu if they are
> >defined, so a person who doesn't use them doesn't have to see them on
> >the Watch Recordings popup menu.
> >

> Is there any setting that has to be enabled for this to work?  I see the
> jobs on the pop-up menu, but when selecting them, nothing seems to show
> up in the backend job queue.

Works for me from mythfrontend.  What I'd really like would be to be
able to invoke them from mythweb.  When on the road and I want to watch
something I've recorded, I'd like start the job (encode for Treo) and
copy it to wherever I am for me to watch... Plus, a treo-encoded job is
*MUCH* smaller (and takes less time to transfer), and I can watch it
while on a hotel treadmill instead of "Everybody Loves Raymond" which
was on just now... ;)

	-I