[mythtv-users] Smoother video playback?

Bob spam at homeurl.co.uk
Wed Apr 18 03:27:01 UTC 2007

Mark Kendall wrote:
> On 4/10/07, Ben Lancaster <lists at benlancaster.co.uk> wrote:
>

>> I've experimented with various Modelines (and settled with
>> 1280x720_60 from the NVidia pool), and countless combinations of
>> playback mode/deint settings. XvMC and BOB has thus far proved the
>> smoothest. CPU usage rarely

snip
> I assume from your email address that you're PAL based - hence your
> material will be 25fps. Do you have a 50Hz modeline to use for
> display? - likely if this is a hi-def tv, unlikely if it's a monitor.
> A 50Hz modeline should give you a noticeable improvement, particularly
> in combination with opengl vsync.

I have video in both PAL and NTSC formats, is it possible to get mplayer
(or anything else) to automatically switch display refresh rates
depending on source?

This was never an issue with my CRT, I just ran it at 120Hz, problem
solved, but I think my sharp LCD TV should support 60 and 50Hz over DVI.