[mythtv-users] how to use EXECTV parameters

Robin Neatherway robthebob at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 23:10:16 UTC 2007

> TTBOMK, just with a button.
>
> But, before you go to far with changing things, I recommend testing out
> the xawtv/mplayer/whatever approach.  I think you'll find that even
> without Myth doing the recording you'll have about a 2-second delay
> between button presses due to ivtv's and the PVR-x50's interal
> buffering.  So, the difference between doing this outside of Myth or
> inside with LiveTV is 2 seconds versus 3 (in both approaches, it's still
> annoying enough to be less than useful)...

Thanks for the info. I'm away for a couple of days, but will trial
this when I get back to see how the delay compares. I already have
Myth set up to use a VOD channel, so I can use it this way, my plans
were really focussed on allowing a "no-delay" option of viewing the
data, and keeping the STB remote away from fiddling housemates
fingers! I don't want to risk them leaving it in an unknown state,
that's all.

Cheers