[mythtv-users] BE Disk / Filesystem Layout

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Tue Apr 17 22:45:37 UTC 2007

Stroller wrote:
> Yes, I appreciate this is anecdotal, not empirical, evidence but as
> opinions go (on the subject of the most reliable brands of hard-drive
> to buy) I can't think of anyone's opinion I'd rather trust.

It's a useful data point, but you really have to be careful drawing
conclusions this way because you don't know the sample you're drawing
from.  If a mechanic sees ten times as many Fords in his shop as he does
Volkswagens, does that mean Fords are ten times less reliable?  It
might.  Or it might mean that there are ten times as many Fords on the road.