[mythtv-users] Keyboard stops responding on mythfrontend, Alt-Tab etc still work?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Apr 17 22:13:52 UTC 2007

On 04/17/2007 04:49 PM, Mike Dent wrote:
> This has happened a couple of times on me recently whilst setting up
> my new myth box.
> It's a combined fe/be running on Ubuntu 6.10 with the standard ubuntu packages.
>
> I left the box for a while and come back to it and hitting a key on
> the keyboard such as the menu key 'M' has no effect. Hitting P for
> pause, or ESC to go back to the menu are all ignored.
> I can alt-tab  back to X (I started mythfrontend from a console to
> check for errors), this is fine, alt-tab back to mythfrontend, TV
> plays but I have no control over it.

Your window manager isn't properly managing focus.  If you're not using
a window manager, that's your problem.

http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-11.html
http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-23.html#ss23.11
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Frequently_Asked_Questions#Q:_Do_I_really_need_a_window_manager_for_a_frontend_only_box.3F