[mythtv-users] Remove preview from channel guide?

Dave Phillips family_of_phillips at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 17 17:30:38 UTC 2007

It sounds like you have it set to bring up the guide automatically when you watch live tv?
  I am not sure how to turn off preview but a couple of ways I have gotten around this is by tying up the HD tuner on the backend box so the frontend will default over to a SD channel instead. Of course that doesn't work if you only have one tuner.
  I have also had limited success by not bringing up the guide automatically and quickly punching in another channel number before the frontend has a chance to try and render anything.
  Of course if someone has the real answer that would be cool as wel.

Phil Bridges <gravityhammer at gmail.com> wrote:
  I feel like I've missed this somewhere, but is it possible to remove
the preview window altogether from the channel guide? Currently, my
SD frontend is, by feault, trying to tune to a HD channel, which locks
up the frontend with "no free video buffers" messages. I'd like to be
able to tune to another channel on this machine.