[mythtv-users] Laptop Diskless Front End

Stef Coene stef.coene at docum.org
Tue Apr 17 12:59:08 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 17 April 2007, Steve wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am a completely new to MythTV and have yet to perform my first
> install so please excuse my ignorance.
>
> I would like to setup up a diskless MythTV front end on one of my 2
> spare laptops. While I have a box running FC6 that I currently use as
> a fileserver, I do not have any TV cards, so I would like todo a
> staggered install of a MythTV system if this is possible.
A laptop as frontend is great.  I had a compaq e500 that I used as frontend,
but it was not so easy to get the tv-out working :(  When the laptop boots
without the tv, it disables the tv-out and I was not able to get it working
afterwards.
So I buried that idea.
On the other hand, it would be nice if you can do a dual head setup and reuse
the display for the laptop as a big lcd screen .....

Stef