[mythtv-users] Dreambox (Linux) Sat-tuner + MythTV?...

F Peeters (MythTV) francesco at fampeeters.com
Tue Apr 17 12:30:41 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I am considering venturing in to the world of digital satellite TV (DVB-S).
, as analog cable is getting worse by the month, especially as they now
have moved all 35 channels up to UHF to free the VHF band for digital
cable! (Aside from the limited lineup available!)
*sigh*

Rather than mucking around with DVB-S cards, I am considering getting a
Dreambox dual (Linux) sat-tuner (which has an Ethernet port, 2 CI slots
and 2 built in card-reader slots, as well as twin tuners) to do the tuning
and (where required) decrypting for me... (disclaimer: Yes, I *do* intend
to get a subscription for the encrypted channels!!!)

I noticed there is support for DBOX2, and as that is (also?) the name of
the Dreambox' predecessor, I was wondering if that means the Dreambox can
also be used to stream the sat channels to the myth BE?

Does anybody have a setup like this already?

--
F Peeters
  PC-Chips M863G Geode - NVidia 440 - Hauppauge PVR250