[mythtv-users] DVB-T recording has audio channels mixed up

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Tue Apr 17 11:24:32 UTC 2007

Tim Phipps wrote:
> I've had this happen a couple of times now: A recording has got the two audio
> tracks mixed up and when I start to play it there is silence until I switch
> to the other audio track using the menus. It seems that all the recordings I
> get (UK-Wenvoe) come with two audio tracks, one stereo high bit rate and the
> other mono low bit rate. Usually the stereo track is stream 0.1 and
> everything is fine. In this case the mono stream is 0.1 and the stereo one is
> 0.2.
>
> Is there something I can do to swap the two audio tracks over losslessly?
>
> Cheers,
> Tim.

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/2468
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/2797

For audio swapping while watching, use + on the numerical keypad

To identify streams

ffmpeg -i <filename>

and to get a recording that might survive mythtranscode use the mencoder
DVD out incantation

> # 'complete command for creating PAL/DVD compliant videos'
> #
> # mencoder -oac lavc -ovc lavc -of mpeg -mpegopts format=dvd -vf scale=720:576,\
> # harddup -srate 48000 -af lavcresample=48000 -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg2video:\
> # vrc_buf_size=1835:vrc_maxrate=9800:vbitrate=5000:keyint=15:acodec=ac3:\
> # abitrate=192:aspect=16/9 -ofps 25 \
> # -o movieout.mpg moviein.mpg
> #

with the addition -aid <wantedaudioid> before the -oac

This is quite slow.

HTH

John P