[mythtv-users] how to use EXECTV parameters

Robin Neatherway robthebob at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 08:52:27 UTC 2007

On 4/17/07, Chad <masterclc at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Noone have any ideas?
> >
> > Did I phrase my question in a bad way?
>
> FWIW I read your question but it passed me going about 150Mph on I-80.
>  It sounds more complicated than something I could easily work with.
> I would think there would be an easier way to go about it.  Something
> like just plugging into another input in the TV and just switching
> inputs for "On Demand" content.  If it's a desire to record some of
> the ondemand programming, then EXECTV probably wouldn't be used
> anyway.
>
> That's my thought...
>
> Good luck!

Thanks for your response! I acknowledge I am somewhat prone to
over-engineering things like this, but I would like to do it through
Myth if at all possible, for a few reasons:

1) Small amount of convenience
2) Avoid Myth conflicting by thinking it can record when the tuner is
in fact in use.
3) Doesn't expose the cable box to housemates fiddling and leaving it
in an unknown state which could prevent recording (i.e. menu up would
prevent channel change).

Also, I would prefer to use a direct feed through because it is quite
difficult to navigate the menus when keypresses give you visual
feedback 3-5 seconds later!

Cheers,
Robin