[mythtv-users] Updated problem recording

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Apr 17 01:19:43 UTC 2007

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Frequently_Asked_Questions#Q:_Why_is_MythTV_recording_EVERYTHING_I_watch_in_Live_TV.3F
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Frequently_Asked_Questions#But_my_Harddrive_keeps_filling_up_from_all_these_Live_TV_recordings.21_How_do_I_stop_it_from_recording.3F
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Frequently_Asked_Questions#It_didn.27t_used_to_do_this.2C_why_did_it_change.3F
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Frequently_Asked_Questions#I_don.27t_want_it_to_delete_things_unless_I_tell_it_to.21

> First, be sure that you have attached a video source to the input in
> mythtv-setup.  This is non-optional even if you are "manually changing
> channels" on the box.  Secondly, you need to set up that Input with a
> channel changing command of /bin/true because it is a non-tuner input
> and it needs to know that it should not be trying to tune the input.
>
> I think if you do those two things you find things work better.

And, on reading through this a second time--with Kevin helping to point
it out by mentioning the non-optional video source--another thing I
should have mentioned is that you /do/ need at least one channel (also
non-optional).  See
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/232857#232857 .

And, as Kevin and I said, "/bin/true" for channel change script.

Mike