[mythtv-users] More than one backend?

Stroller linux.luser at myrealbox.com
Tue Apr 17 00:54:43 UTC 2007

On 16 Apr 2007, at 23:20, Rob Beard wrote:
> At the moment I have a cheap 28" Widescreen CRT TV.  I'm looking to
> upgrade to HDTV possibly next year, I'll look out for something with a
> few inputs, ideally with DVI/HDMI.

If you're buying new you'll CERTAINLY be able to find one with DVI/
HDMI inputs, probably for half of what I paid for mine, too!

The number of digital inputs is the "distinguishing feature" amongst
the £1000 - £1200 1080p tellies at the moment, as far as
specifications are concerned at least. 6 months ago, people were
happy with one, but now that's considered measly - most models have 2
and quite a number have 3 DVI ports, allowing (for instance)
connection of an HD Sky box, HD video player and a console.

Stroller.