[mythtv-users] Why does mythtv decide to postpone a recording?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 07:34:53 UTC 2007

On 16/04/07, Justin <jd2666+mythtvlist at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've noticed that same thing with Grey's Anatomy.
> The problem for me is that Grey's Anatomy runs from 9:00 to 10:01 so the
> scheduler has Grey's Anatomy take up the time slots for 9:00 and 10:00.
> That only ways I've found to workaround this problem are:
> 1. Watch a later showing the next day
> 2. Remove the last minute from Grey's Anatomy
> 3. Remove the first minute of a 10:00 show
> 4. Buy a third tuner
> 5. Convince ABC to air the show in a normal time slot
> So far I've done ways 1 and 2.

I've been noticing similar issues with some UK channels - some
channels start 1 minute before the hour/half hour timeslot and require
suitable recording schedule adjustments, and others (I've experienced
CH4 doing this) can run late, so if you have a consecutive recording
on another channel, the end can be dropped. Again, adding overtime to
the rule can solve this if you have multiple tuners.

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/