[mythtv-users] Why does mythtv decide to postpone a recording?

Justin jd2666+mythtvlist at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 03:09:58 UTC 2007

Marco Nelissen wrote:
> A few times now, MythTV decided it would not record an episode of
> Grey's Anatomy because the same episode is on again a week later.
> The scheduled recordings screen says something like "won't record -
> later showing", and shows it plans to record the week after.
> There are no conflicts (Grey's is one of two shows I record that
> day, and I have three tuners).
> So why does mythtv insist on recording an episode a week late (running
> the risk of a schedule change causing it to miss the episode entirely),
> when it could have just recorded it when it was on the first time?

I've noticed that same thing with Grey's Anatomy.
The problem for me is that Grey's Anatomy runs from 9:00 to 10:01 so the
scheduler has Grey's Anatomy take up the time slots for 9:00 and 10:00.
That only ways I've found to workaround this problem are:
1. Watch a later showing the next day
2. Remove the last minute from Grey's Anatomy
3. Remove the first minute of a 10:00 show
4. Buy a third tuner
5. Convince ABC to air the show in a normal time slot
So far I've done ways 1 and 2.
Justin