[mythtv-users] Mixer problem

William Munson william_munson at bellsouth.net
Sun Apr 15 22:27:18 UTC 2007

Luca Lucchesi wrote:
>> Try setting your mixer to simply "default" or disable internal mixer
>> completely and configure with alsaconf at bootup.
>>

> I tried to setup the mixer to "default" but it didn't solve the problem.
> If I disable the internal mixer I won't be able to set the volume with the
> remote, will I?

Most people do not use the internal mixer to control volume via remote.
In most cases the remote should control the volume of the tv or the
surround sound amp. The internal mixer setting is to set the output
level to something appropriate for the playback device. I see no reason
to move the setting off the default of 70%.