[mythtv-users] mysql for windows?

William Munson william_munson at bellsouth.net
Sun Apr 15 22:22:41 UTC 2007

Ian Forde wrote:
> I've been running combined front/backends for over 4 years. Best
> performance increase I had with mysql issues was to use the tuning
> settings for mysql that were posted recently.  Search the archives...
>
> Also - don't put the db on the same disk as the recordings...
>
> 	-I
I tried the various tuning options and did not see a big difference. My
problem is that the OS and mysql database is on one of the disks that
also contain my recordings. If moving mysql off machine has a large
effect I may opt to buy another disk and use it. The recordings are on
my IDE drives so a SATA drive would make sense.