[mythtv-users] mysql for windows?

William Munson william_munson at bellsouth.net
Sun Apr 15 18:21:04 UTC 2007

Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> On Apr 15, 2007, at 10:04 AM, Lan Barnes wrote:

>>> Er.  Why not just download the Windows version of mysql ?  Or am I
>>> missing something here...
>>>
>>> Robert.
>>>
>> I _know_ I'm missing something, which is, why anyone would ever
>> want to
>> mix windows into a myth set up? My attitude is, it's an appliance
>> -- use
>> it like it was written.
>>
>> Hmm ... this could be interpreted as a troll. If anyone finds this
>> offensive, please disregard. However, if there is a rational reason
>> that
>> one might want to do this, I'd be curious to hear it.
>>
>> I do NOT want to start a linux-windows flame war. This list is too
>> high
>> traffic as it is.
>>

> Maybe his windows box is more fault-tolerant than his Linux box
> (battery backup, fault-tolerant RAID) and doesn't want a corrupt
> database due to power/disk failure.

Actually I just want to try moving the mysql load off my combined
front/backend. I dont have an extra box to set up a linux distro just to
run mysql so as a test I want to use my wife's existing windows box. Her
fault tolerance will not allow a linux install on "her" computer :)

I was not aware that windows had/has a mysql server built in... Will
have to do some googling.