[mythtv-users] mysql for windows?

Lan Barnes lan at falleagle.net
Sun Apr 15 17:04:07 UTC 2007

On Sun, April 15, 2007 7:06 am, Robert wrote:
> William Munson wrote:
>> Is there any way to run a mysql server on a windows box and still be
>> able to connect to it with a myth box? I tried colinux but was unable to
>> connect to it externally due to the NAT function of the bridged network.
>> Any other suggestions?
>>

> Er.  Why not just download the Windows version of mysql ?  Or am I
> missing something here...
>
> Robert.

I _know_ I'm missing something, which is, why anyone would ever want to
mix windows into a myth set up? My attitude is, it's an appliance -- use
it like it was written.

Hmm ... this could be interpreted as a troll. If anyone finds this
offensive, please disregard. However, if there is a rational reason that
one might want to do this, I'd be curious to hear it.

I do NOT want to start a linux-windows flame war. This list is too high
traffic as it is.

--
Lan Barnes

SCM Analyst              Linux Guy
Tcl/Tk Enthusiast        Biodiesel Brewer