[mythtv-users] partitioning scheme

matthew.garman at gmail.com matthew.garman at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 22:20:19 UTC 2007

I'm about to set up a new hard drive for my parents' MythTV system.
I'm just wondering what kind of partitioning scheme is the "best"
for a Myth system?

I know there's no single "best" way, I'm just trying to figure out
what the pros and cons of doing it one way or the other are.

For every Linux machine I've ever built, I've always used separate
partitions for /, /boot, /usr, /tmp, /var, /home and swap (swap
obviously has to be its own partition).  But I feel like this may
not be the most optimal use of space.

It's 500 GB drive, and I'll be running Gentoo.

Thanks,
Matt