[mythtv-users] Why does mythtv decide to postpone a recording?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Apr 14 20:18:20 UTC 2007

On 04/14/2007 01:16 PM, Marco Nelissen wrote:
>> I have noticed this behavior lately as well.  The real question is, why does
>> it postpone a recording for no reason?  I have seen it happen when *NO*
>> other recording are schedule at that time, yet it decides to postpone the
>> one recording which is scheduled.  So, why does the later time slot have a
>> higher priority than the earlier one?
>>
> Exactly. In my case, there was no conflict (2 shows, 3 tuners), so the "reschedule
> higher priorities" option should not come into play at all.

Still, no one has posted schedule details...  Chances are it's an
unlucky combination of recording rules, broadcast schedules, and
settings.  It can /only/ be explained with the schedule details Nick
asked you to post (although don't grep for Grey's, instead, include all
information about Thursday and Friday).  Anything else is conjecture.

I have reschedule higher priority enabled and Grey's is recording on
Thursday and marked E on Friday...

Mike