[mythtv-users] the lost minute

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Apr 14 16:33:10 UTC 2007

On 04/14/2007 09:00 AM, Claude Gélinas agr. wrote:
> Le samedi 14 avril 2007 à 00:47 -0400, Michael T. Dean a écrit :
>
>> On 04/14/2007 12:24 AM, Claude Gélinas agr. wrote:
>>
>>> It appear that when I'm watching TV or recording on mythtv the time is
>>> going slower then it should.
>>>
>>> I manually adjust the time of two computer to the same hour and
>>> gradually the mythtv computer is getting late. the time gradually shift
>>> back on the mythtv machine. it end up that the recording are done at the
>>> wrong time and the movies that I wanted to be recorded are replaced by
>>> something else that is later on the same channel.
>>>
>>> how to fix that. Is it a mythtv or ivtv bug
>>>
>> Neither?  Sounds like a system configuration issue.  Are you running NTP?
>>
> Yes, when I'm not watching TV the time remain OK
>
> dmesg say :
>
> warning: many lost ticks.
> Your time source seems to be instable or some driver is hogging
> interupts
>

> Don't know if it have something to do with my time issue.

Sounds like either a driver issue (not necessarily ivtv, but their lists
are a better place to post than this one) or more likely a low-level
system configuration issue (as ivtv works for a lot of us) or you're
doing something like running CPU scaling or whatever.  Regardless, it's
not a Myth bug.

My recommendation is to check out the fora/lists for your distro and/or
ivtv.

Mike