[mythtv-users] software raid 5 xfs

Charles Mason charlie.mas at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 15:52:11 UTC 2007

I am not sure if this is a great deal of help. But I use raid 5 on a 5
x 250 gig array in my mythtv server. I only have 1 DVB-T tuner and two
front ends. The CPU is a very cheap 2.4gig (I think) AMD cpu. The
whole setup works pritty well (when I don't screw up mythtv
configuration). I record and whatch up to two streams of TV at SD res,
never tried it with HD.

I should say the RAID array is connected through a high point SATA 8
channel rocket raid controller. This was the cheapest card I could
find that would let me use 5 hds in raid 5.