[mythtv-users] Problems with the runtime prefix

Charles Mason charlie.mas at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 15:30:57 UTC 2007

On 4/14/07, William Munson <william_munson at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> Sounds like you have 2 copies installed. One in /usr/bin and one in
> /usr/local/bin.  Delete any installed myth files on your system and try
> again.

Well that's what originally thought so I tried removing all of the
mythtv related stuff in /usr/ and /usr/local/ and trying again. Just
to make sure there weren't any left I then used the find command to
make sure there weren't any other copies of it.

Just to confirm the problem immediately after I finished make install
I went to the /programs/mythbackend/ directory in the mythtv source
dir. Then ran ./mythbackend which should make sure its using that
copy. In its output it also showed the incorrect runtime prefix.

Is that prefix actually compiled in to the source code by the
configure script. Or is it stored some where else.

Any thoughts on the subject would be greatly appreciated.

Charlie