[mythtv-users] Wireless Frontend

Stroller linux.luser at myrealbox.com
Sat Apr 14 12:59:24 UTC 2007

On 14 Apr 2007, at 05:12, Franchini Roberto wrote:
>  there anybody using MythTV Frontend 0.20 over a wireless
> connection 802.11B/G (at nominal 54MB/s)?
>
> I’m trying since significant time with Fedora Core 6 and an USB
> dongle “Wave 54” from Digicom, but it is not working smoothly
> (difficult boot – I have to insert the dongle after booting - not
> fluent playing)
>
> I’m giving up with the usb dongle and I’m wandering whether it is
> better to buy a new wireless access point or to spend ours and ours
> to place the cable.

Strange. You seem to have posted a near-identical message on April
4th, 2007. It looks like there were replies then, but no follow-ups
from yourself, then you posted the above 10 days later.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/261813?
nohighlight=1#261813

I'm pretty sure I've seen posts on here in which people have stated
they're using 802.11g speeds successfully for both SD and a single HD
stream, but I wouldn't like to have to rely on it myself.

t looks like the ZD1211rw driver you're using is relatively new and
IMO 9 months is relatively immature for a wireless driver. I actually
have an AG-225H here, myself - I haven't tested it under Linux, but
am pleased to find some OSS drivers supported.

If you can I'd try a PCI or Cardbus wireless card & see if that makes
any difference - the rt2500 & prism54 drivers are both very good now
(I sell cards based on both of these - contact me off-list if you're
interested) and madwifi seems so, too.

Stroller.