[mythtv-users] Wireless Frontend

Stroller linux.luser at myrealbox.com
Sat Apr 14 12:59:24 UTC 2007

On 14 Apr 2007, at 05:12, Franchini Roberto wrote:
>  there anybody using MythTV Frontend 0.20 over a wireless
> connection 802.11B/G (at nominal 54MB/s)?
> I’m trying since significant time with Fedora Core 6 and an USB
> dongle “Wave 54” from Digicom, but it is not working smoothly
> (difficult boot – I have to insert the dongle after booting - not
> fluent playing)
> I’m giving up with the usb dongle and I’m wandering whether it is
> better to buy a new wireless access point or to spend ours and ours
> to place the cable.

Strange. You seem to have posted a near-identical message on April
4th, 2007. It looks like there were replies then, but no follow-ups
from yourself, then you posted the above 10 days later.

I'm pretty sure I've seen posts on here in which people have stated
they're using 802.11g speeds successfully for both SD and a single HD
stream, but I wouldn't like to have to rely on it myself.

t looks like the ZD1211rw driver you're using is relatively new and
IMO 9 months is relatively immature for a wireless driver. I actually
have an AG-225H here, myself - I haven't tested it under Linux, but
am pleased to find some OSS drivers supported.

If you can I'd try a PCI or Cardbus wireless card & see if that makes
any difference - the rt2500 & prism54 drivers are both very good now
(I sell cards based on both of these - contact me off-list if you're
interested) and madwifi seems so, too.