[mythtv-users] Mythstream problem

Amankhan amankhan at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 06:08:14 UTC 2007

Hello all,

I currently am having problems with Mythstream.  I'm running 2
frontends in my house, and one works just fine with Mythstream while
the other does not.

Both were installed via RPM on Fedora Core 6 systems, running the
2.6.20-11.2933 kernel.  System #1 is 32 bit, #2 is 64 bit.  Both
systems start Mythstream with no errors, and both appear to harvest
streams with no problem.  However, System #1 does not actually play
any streams, and the small progress meter in the upper right hand
corner of the Mythstream window turns red.  System #2 can play just
about any stream with no problems, with no sign of a red progress
meter.

Any ideas as to what may be going wrong here? I have no idea what the
red progress meter acutally means, so while it looks to be indicating
something is wrong I can't say exactly what that might be.  The
documentation on Mythstream is poor to non-existent, so I'm having a
lot of trouble tracking this particular problem down.

Any help with be appreciated.