[mythtv-users] First Stab at a Shopping List (HVR-1600?)

Wil Cooley wcooley at nakedape.cc
Sat Apr 14 01:16:08 UTC 2007

Jarod Wilson wrote:
> On Friday 13 April 2007 16:44:20 Wil Cooley wrote:
>> John Daleske wrote:
>>> Has anyone tried the HVR-1600 on MythTV?  (I'm using Ubuntu, so would
>>> like to know if it has been tried there, too.)
>> NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>> I got over-excited at a CompUSA store closing sale and brought home one
>> of these.  Everything I found said that these DO NOT WORK AND WILL NOT
>> WORK (I dunno why no one's writing a driver for their chip).
>
> Eh? The driver doesn't work *yet*, but so far as I know, its being worked on
> by some of the v4l-dvb guy...

I was probably too emphatic about the lack of future support; in review
I think it was based primarily on these messages and my memory colored
by own frustrations:

http://ivtvdriver.org/pipermail/ivtv-users/2007-January/005400.html
http://ivtvdriver.org/pipermail/ivtv-users/2007-January/005404.html

Wil