[mythtv-users] First Stab at a Shopping List (HVR-1600?)

Wil Cooley wcooley at nakedape.cc
Fri Apr 13 20:44:20 UTC 2007

John Daleske wrote:

> Has anyone tried the HVR-1600 on MythTV?  (I'm using Ubuntu, so would
> like to know if it has been tried there, too.)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I got over-excited at a CompUSA store closing sale and brought home one
of these.  Everything I found said that these DO NOT WORK AND WILL NOT
WORK (I dunno why no one's writing a driver for their chip).

Ended up swapping it with a friend who had a WinTV Radio (401), which
works but kinda sucks because it's just a frame-grabber ["SoftPVR" is
what Hauppauge calls it] and my box is slow.

Wil