[mythtv-users] First Stab at a Shopping List

David Frascone dave at frascone.com
Fri Apr 13 20:22:15 UTC 2007

Dan Brown wrote:
> Quoting David Frascone <dave at frascone.com>:
>

>> Oh -- another stupid question:  What is the most popular distro to use?
>> (Assuming that the most popular distro would be the one that would have
>> the least amount of issues -- and fastest updates)
>>

> Jarod Wilson's very thorough HOWTO for Fedora has already been pointed
> out.  Another popular distro is Ubuntu, and there's some good
> documentation available at https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MythTV on
> the subject.  I was able to follow that doco to install Myth on my Mac
> Mini with very little difficulty.

Since I'm a Suse fan, who has recently been moving to Ubuntu, I'll go there.

While I'm on trolling posts:

I'm going to do a smallish OS install, then make a big partition (I'll
mess with LVM crap after the POC) with the *best* filesystem on it.

 From the recent flame wars it looks like XFS and JFS are the best, and
I see no complaints about JFS, so I'm assuming I should make my *bit*
partition(s) JFS, no?

And -- assuming I do add another disk, and assuming I use LVM, will JFS
strech out if I increase the underlying disk?

-Dave

--

David Frascone

                Windows: From the people who brought you EDLIN!