[mythtv-users] First Stab at a Shopping List

Peter Bowyer peter at bowyer.org
Fri Apr 13 13:46:23 UTC 2007

You'll want more HD. Even if you think you won't.

You'll be amazed how quickly you fill the 80GB. My first
proof-of-concept BE had around 150GB free for recordings, which I
outgrew in a few weeks - I added a 400GB disk, and now after 4 months
I'm about to take the plunge with a new fileserver/BE which will have
1TB (3x500GB RAID 5). That should last a while, but I'll be sure to
build it in a case that will take another 3 drives for expansion - by
the time I need that, 1TB SATA drives will be available at a good
pricepoint.

Peter