[mythtv-users] Trouble removing ads with mythtranscode

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Fri Apr 13 10:15:46 UTC 2007

* On Thu Apr 12, 2007 at 07:29:22PM -0400, Benton Roberts wrote:
> #4) I create a new, hopefully-shortened MPEG file.
>     mythtranscode --honorcutlist --mpeg2 --showprogress -i $INFILE -o
> $OUTFILE

Try this using the chanid and startime options instead of -i $INFILE.
I don't think the transcoder tries to lookup the program info from the
DB when you use -i.  mythcommflag does do this when you use -f FILENAME
that is why that part worked, but the transcode didn't.

Use something like this:

	mythtranscode --honorcutlist --mpeg2 --showprogress -c CHANID -s STARTTIME -o $OUTFILE

where CHANID is the numerical chanid of the recording and STARTTIME is
the starttime in YYYY-MM-DDTHH:MM:SS format like 2007-04-13T06:13:23.

--
Chris