[mythtv-users] Help sponsor MythTVMultiplex.

johnny johnny.strom at osp.fi
Fri Apr 13 05:59:49 UTC 2007

Chad wrote:
>> Is it true that guy behind this is Mr Christer Åkers, who also own company
>> Edge Innovations (http://www.edgeinnovations.fi/) which is developing
>> commercial media center based in mythtv and their product would be perfect
>> if it would be able to record multiple channels from one mux?
>> Or is it just harmless co-incidence that his own these both companies (Open
>> Source Partners and Edge Innovations)?

Yes its true.

> I don't see your point?  Regardless of the projects affiliations,
> developers have agreed to this obviously (which, for me, solidifies
> it's merit); myth users benefit, and OSP is offering the front
> whatever we don't contribute.  If you are not interested in
> contributing, don't.  If you are, go for it.  If your intent is to
> "bring to light" the fact that this feature makes it so a company is
> potentially benefiting from this...  thanks for pointing out the
> obvious.

This multiplex feature that we want in Mythtv is something that we would
like in the end for the product. Our idea is to work close with the
Mythtv comuntity during the development this is because we would like to
se our contributions be part of mainstream Mythv.
This is not only because of respecting the GPL it is also because when
the code is in mainstream it is part of the Mythtv echo system and can
be improved further.

I have to add that we are grateful to all contributions made so far
and as I said before we think this is a great way for users to
contribute to MythTV and its developers.

Best Regards Johnny Strom