[mythtv-users] Can a frontend have a different mythvideo directory?

David Won daveshome at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 22:49:59 UTC 2007

The parental control doesn't help because they have access to the shared dir
where they put their movies. I want to use a different dir on the upstairs
frontend which is not shared to them. It doesn't seem to be frontend
specific. If I add movies to frontend A and then go to frontend B they are
there but not playable. I have found that if I enable browsing it works as I
can then just browse the files on upstairs frontend and not have to add them
to the database. Problem is that then I cannot use the parental controls
because the default when adding files is to have them at level 1. If there
is a way to have vids default to parental level 2 or higher it is all
figured out.

http://www.tabooki.com/xoops/html/