[mythtv-users] Directv R15-300 and MythTv

Captain Krypto captainkrypto at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 14:26:21 UTC 2007

Hello all,

I just recently subscribed to Directv and as a receiver I have Model: R15
Vendor: 300.  From what I've found, this model is made by Phillips.  I've
been searching around and can't seem to find much info on this unit in
relation to MythTv.  Most of the DVR forums that I've been looking around in
seemed to have come to the consensus that is it a POS.  Is anyone using this
receiver model with MythTv?  Also, I've been looking around for the
lirc.conf for this model to no avail.  Does anyone have the lirc.conf for
this model or is there a compatible config file that I could be using?
Finally, I've noticed that there are some USB ports on the receiver, but the
manual says that they are for "Future use.".  Does this mean that they are
disabled?  Any feedback on this receiver is appreciated.

Dave