[mythtv-users] Best Filesystem Type?

Alex Malinovich demonbane at the-love-shack.net
Thu Apr 12 07:08:48 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-04-11 at 23:58 -0500, Brian Foddy wrote:
--snip--
> on a p-1000 machine, maybe 2 seconds.  The only drawback I've
> ever seen with XFS is it cannot be shrunk so its not easy to use with
> a volume manager and remove space.

It's funny that that's related to one of XFS's greatest strengths IMO.
XFS can be grown while mounted, so if you use a volume manager you can
increase the volume size and the filesystem size without interrupting
the system. That feature has turned otherwise disastrous situations into
no problem at all a number of times for me.

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837