[mythtv-users] Streaming to XP behind firewall?

Robert Current robert.current at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 06:55:23 UTC 2007

Hi,

So, my MythTV system is up and running ok, and I was playing with
MythWeb and wanted to do the streaming video.

It seems to indicate that it's started on MythWeb, but when I try to
open a stream from an XP laptop I get:

"Windows Media Player cannot play the file because a network error
occurred. The server might not be available. Verify that you are
connected to the network and that your proxy settings are correct."

My MythTV is sitting at 192.168..1.101 and the laptop is
192.168..1.103, both behind a normal Linksys wireless NAT thing...
There is no proxy set on the windows computer...

Not sure what's going on, any one have some ideas?

Thanks in advance.