[mythtv-users] lirc build errors

Brian Foddy bfoddy at visi.com
Thu Apr 12 00:38:19 UTC 2007

Over the weekend I tried building mythtv (release-0-20-fixes_20070315)
on two Mandriva 2007 systems and both encountered this problem, which
I can't identify.

Basically, despite being configured with 
./configure --libdir-name=/usr/lib64 --arch=k8 --enable-proc-opt 
and lirc_devel present, the mythfrontend wouldn't connect to lircd.  When
I looked into the problem more, I found 'ldd mythfrontend' was not dependent
at all on lirc_client, but looking at the compile lines they were littered
with -DUSE_LIRC, digging more I found 
ldd libmyth-0.20.so.0.20.0|grep lirc
did contain liblirc_client.so.0 => /usr/lib64/liblirc_client.so.0.
So how can the libraries include lirc_client but the final executables do

This was on a Mandriva 2007 x86_64 and a i586 machine.  The exact same
mythtv version on  a Mandriva 2006 machine links lirc_client just fine.
I'm thinking this needs  TR ticket, but I'll ask here first if someone has 
ideas.  I have a full build output file, if that helps.


More information about the mythtv-users mailing list