[mythtv-users] Filldatabase cron job necessary?

aaron memoryguy at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 00:07:33 UTC 2007

On 11/04/07, Jon Boehm <boehm100 at comcast.net> wrote:
> Aaron,
>
> Can you post this script?

Heh, sure. I didn't think anyone else would find it useful... it's a
fairly quick-and-dirty hacky script, but here you go.

The commented-out call to "filldb2.sh" is my own wrapper script for
mythfilldatabase that does various error checking and things, in
addition to writing a lockfile to prevent multiple simultaneous runs.
Back in the old days it was able to recover from all sorts of errors
including needing to upgrade xmltv, and hostname lookup errors.
Nowadays it ends up just calling mythfilldatabase :)

In the attached script I've replaced it with a direct call to mythfilldatabse.

Hope you find it useful!

--
aaron

"Oh oh oh. I'm incoherent with excitement. Please tell me what fascinating
bit of badger-spewtumly inconsequential trivia you will assail me with next."
        -- Arthur Dent